Principle of ORC system
- The low boiling point organic working fluid makes heat exchange
with the heat source through evaporator, then absorbs heat and is
evaporated to high temperature & high pressure steam.
- The high temperature & high pressure steam drives the turbine
expander & generator set for electric power generation.
- The temperature and pressure of organic steam is decreased after
- The organic steam with low temperature & pressure flows into
the cooling system to be condensed to fluid.
- The organic working fluid is pressurized by the fluid pump for next
ORC system waste heat recovery from hot water
In many industries, a lot of waste hot water will be generated from
the processes. Part of hot water can be used for other processes
which need to be warmed or heated. However there is still a
tremendous amount of hot water to be discharged directly.
An ORC system are normally arranged to recover the waste heat
containing in hot water to generate electric power, which
contributes to energy-saving and environmental protection.
Applicable temperature of hot water: 90°C-150°C
Applicable flow rate of hot water: 300t/h and above
Rated power capacity: 0.5MW – 10MW @ORC unit
Sketch – Process Flow:
Hot water temp(in)
Hot water flow rate
Hot water temp(out)
Rated power capacity